Thursday, April 7, 2016

My favourite Anime


Hello, and welcome to my favorite anime post.
This post is about... well, my favorite anime shows.
I know that many people aren't drawn to this sort of thing (anime) but there are also many people who do.
I love watching anime... it doesn't feel strange or weird to me. It's much (much) different from animation. They are really not one and the same. At all.
I've been watching anime for 6 years now (ever since I was 12). I watched some anime shows when I was little (like cardcaptor Sakura) but I didn't know they were anime at the time. not until much later.
I love anime as much as I love watching TV shows.
So here you have it. welcome to my favorite Anime post (hope you enjoy!). 


*In case of any occasional spoilers I'll be sure to mark them but most of this review will be spoiler free, so not to worry about being spoilered* 




Sword Art Online (a.k.a SAO)

Science fiction, Fantasy, Romance, Monsters, Sword fighting, Adventures, Fun times, sad times... this show has it ALL.
SERIOUSLY.
From the moment I started it I knew It was the anime for me.
Everything was combined together in the most perfect way.
I've watched it so many times and every time feels like the second time. It's just so... GOOD.
If you're an anime fan and haven't watched it yet - GO WATCH IT. And even if you're not an anime fan and simply want to try out something you never tried before or want to watch an anime for the first time but don't know where to start... start with this one. Unless you're not a fan of Fantasy or science fiction. If not, there are many other anime I'll be listing down below that may be your thing. If you are a fan of those things though, SAO is the perfect anime to start with.    
Sword Art Online has 2 seasons out so far (each season with 25 episodes) (Note for beginners in anime: anime episodes are about 22-25 minutes long, but when you watch, it never feels short).
A season 3 hasn't been confirmed yet but it seems to be happening, unsure yet when. The problem with anime? unlike with TV shows, when you basically know immediately if it has been renewed and if so when, with anime... you don't even know if there will be a next season. And even if there will be, you can never know when. It could be in a few months, in a year, in 2 years and even more (That's the only downside).
What has been confirmed though is an SAO movie that will be coming out in 2017 (wow, thanks, people who're producing the anime... 2017 is only, oh, forever from now).



Fairy Tail

An Epic anime. It's the kind of anime you always have good times watching. It's still on-going so every few weeks I do a Marathon of a few episodes. It's the kind of anime that seems to be on-going forever... It's nice to know it'll never end. Well, of course it will end sometime but sometime can be a long time from now. Just look at the anime Naruto; I remember seeing it on TV when I was about 7 or 8. It's 10 years later and it's still on-going.
Back to fairy tail: Fairy tail has a big cast of characters. I love them all. I would say Lucie and Natsu are the most MC but every character gets their story told and their own time to shine.
The number of episodes of Fairy Tail would probably be overwhelming so I won't recommend starting with this anime If you're not all the way into the anime world.
I actually never get overwhelmed by the number of episodes in an anime\show. The opposite, actually. If the anime\the show is good... I would like there to be as many episodes as possible.
But I can understand why so many episodes can make people cringe and give up before trying.
Fairy Tail has 8 seasons (with season 8 currently airing). overall, Fairy tail has 265 episodes in seasons 1-7. 
There is also a movie and 6 OVAs out, with 3 more OVAs coming out this year.
so... my recommendation? If you're new to the whole 'anime watching' thing, you might want to wait until you're more acquainted with it. If you're not and you're looking for a good anime to watch, something fun that will keep you entertained... give Fairy Tail a try. my only warning: You'll probably have to get past the few first episodes before really getting into it.
And now for my ships? (If you consider ships a spoiler then skip this part to the next anime):
Grey and Juvia (!)
Lucy and Natsu (I didn't ship them in the beginning but now...? well, now it just seems right).
Levi and Gagil (so cute!)
Erza and Jellal (forever and ever!) 




Steins Gate

This anime is weird, strange, confusing at first...
And I love it so much!
Yeah, I have to admit, after watching the first episode I was like: huh? what did I just watch?
I'm so glad I didn't give up on it and went to watch something else, because this show BLEW ME AWAY With how deep it was, with how beautiful, complicated and clever.
It's the kind of anime that will leave you gasping in surprise because you did not expect it to be like this.
Trust me on this and go watch it. 

There are 24 episodes out, a movie (that takes place after the episodes), an OVA (takes place after the movie) and 4 ONAs (very-very short episodes). About a season 2: A season 2 has been confirmed (unsure when, though) and it'll be called: Steins Gate 0. A 10 minutes long prequel to Steins Gate 0 (called 23 beta) already came out. 



Kamisama Hajimemashita

A light, fun, entertaining anime. Romantic-Fantasy-Comedy. If you're looking for a light and fun romance that also has fantasy in it... this is the anime for you. I enjoyed watching it so much. I'm pretty sure I re-watched it 3 times already.
Watch the first episode and you'll know what I mean.
It's also a good anime for beginners to watch. It's very comical, though, so if you like the more serious type of shows... It might not be for you. But this anime has it's serious moments as well. I love a good combination of comedy and seriousness.
Anyhow, Kmisama Hajimemeshita (that's a complicated name to write, huh?) has 2 seasons so far. Season 1 consists of 13 episodes and season 2 of 12 episodes. There is also an OVA that takes place after season 1 + 4 OAD that takes place after season 2 (at the moment only 2 are out).
It has yet to be renewed for a third season but it's not surprising considering it has been 2 years between season 1 to season 2. I do hope they'll renew this show. 





Nisekoi

For a romance-comedy anime, this show has one of the best mysteries I've seen in an anime. It's the kind of mystery that just gets more and more complicated, more and more intruging.
If you're looking for a fun anime with an interesting aspect of mystery to it, you should definitely try this one out. I really enjoyed it. There were moments so hilarious I just laughed out loud.
The first season has 20 episodes + 3 OVAs and the second season has 12 episodes + 1 OVA. The anime has yet to be renewed for a third season but the mystery is not solved yet so I hope we'll see the third season soon enough. 



Owari No Seraph

A great fantasy show.
It's not too heavy and not too light. It has just the right amount between the two.
The story takes place in a world that has been conquered by vampires. Humans live in settlements and are trying to survive. There is one big organization of human rebels that fight vampires and try to free the world from them. Yuu, the MC, has joined that organization after seeing his entire family get slaughtered by a vampire.
This is a story about battles, the strength of humanity, love and friendship and bonds stronger than anything.
There are 2 seasons (each season with 12 episodes). There is no information about a season 3. I'm hoping for a season 3 to be announced soon. 



No Game No Life

This anime... this anime is perfection.
Loved-loved-loved it.
The bond and dynamics between the siblings, the games, the competitions, the awesomeness of it all (!).
Everything about this anime was just so good.
If you're looking for a fun fantasy anime that will blow your mind - go watch No game No life. You won't regret it.
The anime has one season of 12 episodes and has yet to be renewed for a season 2. While I'm desperately hoping for season 2, I'll be re-watching this anime.
Right now I'm addicted to the opening song (No Game No Life OP). If Japanese songs aren't you thing then it makes sense if you won't like it (songs in other languages aren't everyone's thing). But if you do like it... I'm glad. 



K Project

Oh this anime is something else.
Pure fantasy, an original anime (not based on a manga or a light novel). The relationship between all those characters is complex and beautiful, the fantasy aspect is something I haven't seen before and the MC (the one in the middle of the picture) is very likeable and totally not what he seems.
Anna, Misaki, Fushimi, Shiro, Neko, Kuroh... they are all so amazing.
This show is not very suitable for beginners in anime, I have to say.
K Project has 2 seasons (each with 13 episodes) and a movie that takes place after season 1. Because of the ending of season 2 that was rather closed, I'm not sure if there is going to be a season 3. And there is currently no information about it either. I'm still hoping for one. 



Rokka No Yuusha

Remember, above, how I said Nisekoi has one of the best mysteries I've seen in anime? then this anime has the best mystery I've seen.
I changed my mind about what's going on every episode. everyone (except one) is a suspect and you have no idea who. On top of that, all of the characters are the only people who can save the world from the demons and they are trapped somewhere with a great mystery. They have to solve in quickly or all will be lost. But how can you solve something If you can't trust anyone beside you?
Fantasy, Mystery, slow build romance, action, a protagonist that doesn't know what's to 'give up'.
The first season has 12 episodes. The anime has not yet been renewed for a second season.



Akagami No Shirayukihime 

The anime version for a snow white retelling.
Shirayuki (snow white) has a very unique hair - Red hair. She's apparently the only one with that hair color in all the kingdoms. It makes her both special and hunted.
There is a brave and charming prince, some apples involved and a strong willed and strong headed snow white.
I love Shirayuki. She seems like your regular damsel in distress but while she's a damsel, she's not distressed or waiting for prince charming to save her. She's smart and strong willed.
Not to mention the romance is so sweet and beautiful.
There are 2 seasons (each with 12 episodes) + an OVA (that takes place after season 1).
There are no news about a possible 3rd season at the moment. 



Inou Battle Wa Nichijou No Naka De

Awesomeness, High school students developing sudden special powers, Humor, battles (both serious and fun alike), romance here and there... what more can a person ask for?
I marked this anime as 'awesome' because there really isn't another way to describe it.
It's really good and fun and I enjoyed it very much. Already re-watched it 2 times.
There is one season with 12 episodes. I'm really hoping for a second season but there aren't any news about it so far. 



                                                      Yumeiro Patissiere

Cute, light, sweet... this anime follows a girl named Ichigo who has an exceptional taste when it comes to food and sweets. In the beginning of the story she transfers to a school for young Patisseries by the recommendation of a mysterious person she met in a buffet.
But even with her talent of knowing sweets, Ichigo needs to go through many hardships before she can fulfill her dream.
This is a fantasy-romance-fun anime. I re-watched it so many times I can't even remember how many. You need to go through the first few episodes to really get into it and it's worth it. I love this anime immensly.
The first season consists of 50 episodes (I know, it sounds a lot, but when it was over I just wanted more) and the second season (called Yumeiro Patissiere Professional) has 13 episodes.
This anime most likely won't have a third season (but I'm still hoping for one someday).



Ryuugajou Nanana No Maizoukin

I very-very-very much enjoyed this one!
Magical items, Mystery and adventure, treasure hunt, a ghost who loves pudding, an apiaring detective, a special club, some bad guys and a protagonist who is more than he seems.
A fun adventure with all kinds of interesting characters that will leave you wanting more.
There is only one season with 11 episodes and no knews about a second season.
Such a great anime - highly reccomended.  


Highschool Of The Dead

Zombies, anyone?
A group of 5 resuorcful students and a teacher are in school when out of nowhere they find themselves right in the middle of a zombie appocolypse. They have to fight their way through and attempt to survive in a world that isn't their own anymore.
I loved the teamwork between the students, how they became fighters and survivors.
If you don't like zombies and a lot of blood... this anime is probably not for you.
So, there is one season of 12 episodes and an OVA. There are no news of a second season.  


Soredemo Sekai Wa Utsukuushii

Cute, beaitiful, fun and funny, heartwarming, some action here and there...
This anime is so beaitiful.
Nike, a princess of a faraway rain kingdom is asked (she wasn't given much of a choice, really) to marry the king of the sun kingdom.
I can't say much more because it's so much more fun as things reveal themselves. It's light and cute yet serious and sad at times and It's so good. Highly rccomended.
There is one season with 12 episodes. I'm really hoping for a season 2 (so far no news).  


Skip Beat

This anime will make you laugh and root for the protagonist in her adventure.
Kyoko, a cheerful girl coming to the big city to help make someone else's dreams, is struck by the betreyal of her life. Said betreyal doesn't only change her decisions of the future but her personality as well. To take her revenge, she decides to go into the show biz.
Sounds heavy but this anime isn't heavy at all. It's great fun. I find myself re-watching it every now and then. It's a real shame the anime doesn't have a season 2 (there is one season with 25 episodes). 


Inu X Boku ss

Ririchiyo moves into a mysterious mansion for mysterious reasons, but the mansions and the poeple in the mansion are not what they seem. And so is Ririchiyo.
I went into this anime without knowing much and I think it's best.
There is fantasy. There is a beaitiful romance (not left just with hints) and a great cast of characters.
There is one season with 12 episodes and an OVA.
 


Kaichou Wa Maid Sama

My most favourite romantic-comedy anime.
Oh my goodness... people, you have to watch this one.
The romance... the comedy... the characters... the plot... Usai... misaki...
This anime will make you squeal, ship and completely fangirl.
Oh and... in the pictures misaki looks like a sweet maid but... oh, how misleading it is. Just watch it and you'll understand.
Seriously, go watch it.  



Zero No Tsukaima

Love fantasy? an anime that isn't afraid of taking the romance further than just hinting about it? go watch Zero No Tsukaima right away.
so good.
I would put somewhere on the very top of my favourite anime.
Louise is a magician in a school for magicians set in a magical world. On the ceremony to summon a magical companion familiar, everyone summons a magical familiar but Luoise... seems to have summoned a human.
Saito is from modern day Japan when he's suddenly transported into a magical world he doesn't understand and finds himself having to serve Luoise as her familiar.
Zero no tsukaime has 4 seasons. Seasons one is called Zero No Tsukaima and has 13 episodes. Season 2 is called Zero no tsukaima: Futasuki no Kishi and has 12 episodes. Season 3 is called Zero No tsukaims: princess No Rondo and has 12 episodes and season 4 is called Zero No Tsukaima: F and has 12 episodes.
Zero No Tsukaima is based on light novels written by Noboru Yamaguchi who died 3 years ago (at age 41). R.I.P.   


Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun

Fun, cute and mainly amusing-funny. You'll find yourself laughing out loud plety of times watching this one.
It's a story about first love that goes into unexcpected places.
There are 13 episodes and one OAD.
No news of a second season but I'm hoping for one.
In any case, this anime is a very fun watch. 


Cardcaptor Sakura

Caedaptor Sakura is one of the most beautiful anime I know. This is actually the first Anime I've ever watched. It was about when I was 8. 
Cardcaptor Sakura never gets old. I've been watching it once or twice a year for a few years now and it always feels like the second time all over again. Cardcaptor sakura is something that will stay with me forever. 
cardcaptor sakura tells the tale of the fourth grader sakura kinomoto (the anime takes place between her fourth grade to sixth grade). 
you're probably thinking: a main character this young? Ah... I don't know, I'm 16\18\20... I don't think it's for me. 
Well, let me reassure you: Sakura isn't your regular fourth grader. She's very independant and such a great character. plus, she fights magical entities and goes on to dangerous adventures.
No fourth grader can be called 'regular' for this.
I really think you should try watching cardcaptor sakura. I think it's great for anime beginners as well. And anyway, what's the harm? if you don't like it, you can always stop watching.
Even though the anime aired between 1998-2000, the art style, the characters... everything doesn't seem old fashioned at all. And believe me, I also find it hard to watch anime with art style of a very long time ago. but cardcaptor sakura is on a different level.
So yes.
The anime has 70 episodes (divided to 3 seasons), 3 specials (the first one takes place after episode 35, the second one after episode 53 and the thirs one between episodes 23-35) and 2 movies (the first movie takes place after season 2 and the second movie is an epilouge to the anime that takes place after the last episode - episode 70.  


Zetsuen No Tempest

This anime will make your heart clench. Bittersweet is its name.
Set in an apocalyptic world, Zetsuen to tempest follows two boys as they fight through to find the answer to a mystery concerning them both in ways we learn as the story progresses.
combining qouates from The Tempest by William Shakespear, a heartbreaking romance, a mage stuck on an island, some other mages trying to kill the boys and the boys themselves using magic to solve the mystery... it all makes for an unforgettable story.
Zetsuen no Tempest has 24 episodes (no information of a second season).    


Naruto

I'm pretty sure Naruto has been on-going since the dawn of time.
Or at least since I was 8 because I can remember seeing it a few times on TV. It probably started before that though.
In any case, this is the kind of epic anime that never gets old. at least not for me. The action and the battles are top notch. The 'I'll never give up' style of Naruto makes for a character you'll keep rooting for forever.
The complicated frienships and relationships... this anime goes from funny to sad to tragic to fun to high-spirited.
I wont lie, Naruto has a lot of episodes. And I do mean a lot. For me it was worth watching them all. If you're looking for an anime that will keep you busy for a while and\or you don't mind an anime with a lot of episodes... well, then, try this one out.
The anime is devided for two parts: Naruto and Naruto Shipudden.
Naruto has 220 episodes, 4 OVAs and 3 movies.
Naruto Shippuden has 457 episodes (so far. but the anime is, sadly, coming to an end soon...), 8 movies and 7 OVAs.


                                              Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun

Hilerious and sweet and I had great time watching this one.
Chiyo, a high school girl, finally gets the courage to confess her feelings to the boy she likes. Things don't go as plan when the boy thinks she confessed for liking his work as a manga artist.
Chiyo finds herself having to roll with it and help the boy with his manga story.
As with most of the anime I so love to watch, this one is full of fun times and a great story.
12 episodes in the first seasons with no news of a season 2 as to yet. 



And I think that concludes my favourite anime post.
What do you think about anime? what are your most favourite anime? tell me all about it.
I hope you enjoyed this post!
See you in my next one! 


P.S: I've been thinking on doing a 'most anticipated movies of 2016'. What do you think? 


"Usually, in a story, when the protagonists end up in another world, they try their best to find a way home, right? Why would they try to go back to a world like that?" 
          -- No Game No Life.


                                           3 Doors Down - Inside of me  





No comments:

Post a Comment